SDK & API Documentation
The Key to Getting Your Platform Adopted
Accurate, clear, and comprehensive documentation is the key to wide acceptance and adoption of your platform. We can create new documentation or improve your existing documentation in order for you to grow a large developer community that uses your technology as it is meant to be used.
Reducing Support Costs
When your customers can't understand how to use your API, they contact support. Well-written API documentation reduces your support costs by providing developers with the information that they need to successfully use your platform.
Interested in finding out what SDK Bridge can do for your organization? Request a quote from us.
Writing SDK and API documentation requires two skills that are rarely found together: the ability to program combined with the skills to write well. Our programmers are also writers; they understand the logic and architecture of APIs and can explain them in clear, direct language. Our writers work closely with you to ensure that your documentation is accurate, understandable, and concise.
Because our focus is writing, your developers are free to focus on what they do best: creating your product. Our deep knowledge of software development allows us to get the information we need from your developers with minimal interruption of their work.
Featured Case Studies
- CityGrid Media. We created REST API documentation to help developers create apps with local business information.
- Buddy. We created documentation for a REST API that returns provides backend functionality for mobile apps.
- Tendril. We created documentation for energy monitoring for a custom XML-based system.
- Read more about our Case Studies...
Understanding Documentation Needs
Clear, understandable API documentation is essential for the adoption of software platforms and APIs. Given that companies have limited resources, where should they focus their efforts? Our documentation survey suggests that sample code, overviews, and getting people started quickly and correctly should be given the highest priority. Content must explain why the application should be used in addition to how it is used.
Read the full results of the API Documentation Survey .
- API References: SDK Bridge excels at writing reference materials for your APIs. We have extensive experience creating descriptions for classes, members, methods, arguments, and return values. We can also document Web services, XML, and other technologies.
- Conceptual Materials: In addition to API References, SDK Bridge writes overviews and other conceptual material to help developers get started with your SDK and understand it from an architectural and work-flow point of view.
- Sample Code: Often the way software developers learn best is through sample code. At SDK Bridge, writing clear, elegant code that demonstrates what your platform can do is our specialty. Our code is well-commented, with descriptive variable names, and it conforms to commonly accepted software conventions. See our article: Guidelines for Good Sample Code
- Tutorials: We create tutorials that lead developers step-by-step through the process of building on your platform. We design tutorials that emphasize your platform and won’t get lost in extraneous code.
- Instructional Videos: Screen-capture videos are a new, exciting way to communicate what your API can do and how to use it.